Galston Valley Railway will once again welcome public visitors, on the 11th December 2022.
Entry will be by pre-purchased Entry tickets only, with rides available onsite for $3.50 per person.
For detailed conditions, and to book entry tickets, please see our booking page.
Facilities at our Site
Our usual facilities on Public Running Days are as follows -
- Picnic tables (sorry - no bookings taken, gates open at 9:30am)
- Sausage Sandwich Stall between 12 noon and 1:30pm
- DIY barbeques - these are wood fired (wood supplied) but please bring your own matches,
firelighters and BBQ tools etc. The DIY barbeques will be unavailable if there is a total fire ban
- Tap water is available throughout the picnic areas
- Canteen selling tea & coffeee, cold drinks, ice creams & lollies
- Display of small stationary models
- Garden gauge model railway display
- Miniature Traction Engine rides (on some days)
- Male & female toilets (sorry - no disabled facility)
Please note that in the event of a Total Fire Ban, the DIY BBQs will be
unavailable and only "diesel" locomotives will be running (no steam). However,
the Sausage Sandwich Stall will still be open.
Please note that our site has steps - if you bring a pram or stroller
it will be necessary to carry it up & down steps.
Please also note that we have no facilities for disabled
visitors. It is possible to get a wheelchair into the viewing areas, but
only by having some gates unlocked especially - please ask for help. We do
not have disabled toilet facilities.
Please note that all train
passengers must wear fully enclosed footware - not sandals or thongs!
We suggest you wear older clothes when visiting us. We cannot be
responsible for damage to clothing or personal property
caused when visiting
our bushland venue and / or riding on trains.